Logging in to the MCCC Wireless Network
If you are a registered student, you must log in using your student email username and password.
For assistance, please call the Information Systems Department at (734) 384-4234.
Please note: Windows 7 and 8 users or those using Mac OS 10.5 or higher will receive a certificate error the first time they connect. It is safe to proceed.
What You Need to Get Started:
- A laptop or device with either built-in wireless capabilities or a wireless Ethernet card.
- An internet browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Your device must support Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2)
- If you have Windows XP installed on your computer, you must run Windows XP Service Pack 3 with the latest drivers for your wireless card which supports Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2).
Monroe County Community College is not responsible for problems with hardware or software as a result of connecting to the wireless network. The user is responsible for making sure his/her hardware and software is compatible with wireless access before attempting to connect.
- Printing: The wireless network does not connect to any printers on campus. You will need to save to a disk and take it to a lab with a printer.
- Library database access: When you are signed on to the wireless network, you can access the library’s electronic databases as an on-campus user. You do not need to log in to the databases with your library card.