Welcome to the MCCC Bookstore. Located in the Audrey M. Warrick Student Services Building, the Bookstore is your one-stop place to shop for all your college needs. The Bookstore offers new and used books, software, book bags, school supplies, gift items, greeting cards as well as snack foods.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Our staff is always willing to help you in any way we can to make your experience at MCCC the best it can be.
When purchasing your textbooks online, please have the following information available: Your class schedule with course name, course number and section number. This allows you to find the correct book for your section and course.
You may purchase your books with a credit card only. Please allow 48 hours to process your order.
Go to the Monroe online textbook ordering web site https://bookstore.monroeccc.edu.
How to Purchase Textbooks at the Bookstore
When purchasing your textbooks, please have the following information with you: Your class schedule with course name, course number and section number. This allows us to help you find the correct book for your section and course.
When visiting the bookstore, you may purchase your textbooks with the following: cash, check (A valid driver's license is required.), credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) or financial aid (Picture ID is required.).
Why Shopping with the MCCC Bookstore is your best choice:
- We accept financial aid.
- All of your textbook and supply items are available in one location.
- We have the most current information on the specific books and editions your instructors want to use in their classes.
- Often, books purchased elsewhere are not complete, are not the current edition and are lacking information you need in your classes.
- If your instructor is changes, the book for your course is changed, or if you drop a class, the books you purchased through the MCCC Bookstore are returnable for a refund (with original receipt and according to our current return policy).
The Bookstore offers select textbook titles for in-store rental; for more information, contact the Bookstore at (734) 384-4140 or stop in.
Used Book Buyback Policy:
Book buyback is usually held the last three days of each semester and is located in the hallway by the Bookstore. Dates and times will be posted on the website and also be posted on signs around the campus prior to buyback.
- Books must be current editions and be in usable condition. Usable condition will be determined by the Bookstore.
- Buyback prices will be based on the following
- If the textbook is a requested book for the next semester and inventory on hand has not been met, 50 percent of the purchase price will be paid.
- If the textbook is not requested for the following semester, the current wholesale price that is determined by the wholesaler will be paid.
- Textbooks sold with other materials, such as CD-ROMs must accompany book to be considered for buyback.
- Most study guides, workbooks, lab manuals and tear-out books are not reusable.
Not all books are bought back at the end of the semester. There are many factors that determine whether or not your book will be bought back: new editions may be pending, the instructor may be changing software, the course may not be offered next term, or the Bookstore may have enough stock on hand.
The bookstore tries to buy back every possible book it can. Selling your books to us is a great way to battle the rising costs of textbooks.
Book Buyback Dates Fall 2019 - Main Campus Only
12/11/19 – 9am – 3pm
12/12/19 – 9am – 3pm
12/13/19 – 9am – 3pm
12/16/19 – 9am – 6pm
12/17/19 – 9am – 3pm
MCCC Student ID is required
At the bookstore we have a wide variety of merchandise available for purchase besides textbooks.
These are just a few of the types of items we carry:
- Pens, pencils and highlighters
- Binders, spirals, paper, folders
- CD-R's, diskettes and USB drives
- Dictionaries, reference guides
- Study guides
- Imprinted clothing
- Imprinted gift items such as mugs, glassware, ID holders
- Greeting cards
- Snack items
- Postage stamps
New books must be in perfect condition – no bent pages, markings or writing, stains or damage to the front cover or binding. Please do not write, highlight or open packages until you are sure you have the correct book for class and are sure you are going to continue the course.
- Packages with access codes or components are non-returnable once opened.
- No refunds on textbook purchases are made during the last 10 days of the semester.
- Purchases by check require a 10-business day waiting period for a cash refund.
- Due to security coding, credit card must accompany sales receipt for the refund of credit purchases.
- Loose-leaf textbooks are NON-RETURNABLE IF OPENED. These books are not eligible to be sold back at book buy back.